Saturday 30 June 2007

Subway Art

My favourite "gallery" in the 80s was the foot subway under Clifton Bridge. I cycled to work the long way round every day & smiled at the pieces, stopped & read the statements. Went back later & photographed the new ones.
One evening I encountered one of the writers. He was a bit shifty & started to walk off. I didn't want to stop him working, so I went home & came back later to photograph. This is the first post of several as I try to enhance the old photos & separate pieces from the groups. Some were taken early morning others late evening so the light affects them.
The first 2 are general group pictures on opposite sides of the bridge.

Hard to get a good angle on this one because of the narrowness of the subway.
This was one of my all time favourites. I envied the writer his skills. I would love to be able to do "public" greetings of this nature!

A Touch of Computer Madness always appealed to me too!







More to follow ...

No comments: