Saturday 24 November 2007

The Search

Do you know the thing you’re searching for?
Do you know just where to look?
Is it stood behind a tight locked door?
Is it written in a book?

Is it swirling in the flowing stream?
Does it drift across the sky?
Is it melting in a hazy dream?
Is it caught behind his eyes?

Is it blowing in the misty wind?
Is it deep beneath the ground?
Is it held within a wise man’s mind?
Will you know when it’s been found?

Do your closest friends hold the answers?
Do the games you play reveal?
Does the love you make bring you chances?
What you look for, is it real?

Is it there inside you all the time?
Does the searching bring relief?
Is it crouching there within your mind?
Is it linked to your belief?

And when perhaps the answers seem clear,
Will it bring the peace you seek?
Or will you still keep looking through fear,
Till you reach the final sleep?

3 comments:

dee said...

Now this one touches a chord. Maybe because this summer brought some unexpected answers to questions I didn't know I was asking.

Micken said...

I think that was in my mind when I deleted the last 3 verses. I didn't want to suggest that any answer I had was what I was looking for, or that my answers fitted anyone else at all, even though on a personal level maybe recent ones seem right ... for now.

Micken said...

I think line one said it though, some of us just search and think we know what we want, but then ...