Sunday 6 May 2007

Encaustic Painting

It's so long since I did any encaustic painting the dust is about knee deep on the equipment. I've still got about 60 half finished ones!


This one was the one I liked the most of all the ones I did. The original used silver, black & dark blue pigment with the bee's wax. I only used a full size flat iron, no miniture one, stylus or blade.
It had the gate closed. After scanning it, I messed with the colours & then decided I wanted the gate open.
I think I used the scanned image on a Christmas card in about 2001. It could have been earlier, but certainly not later.
Opening the gate was a computer cheat. Then I messed with the colours some more.

I did about 15 versions altogether. These are my favourites.
I think I gave the original painting to Donna.

No comments: